Home Energy Score * Lower Utility Bills
A home energy score from Archon Energy Solutions, provides a standardized method for quickly assessing a home’s envelope and major energy systems. The rating, developed by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), on a house is comparable to the MPG rating on a car. It rates the home on a scale of 1-10, based on how much energy the home is expected to use assuming standard operating conditions and occupant behavior. It also provides homeowners with suggestions for improving their homes' efficiency.
Home Energy Score?
Score yourself a more comfortable home.
Home Energy Score is an easy way to see how energy efficient your home is compared to other homes.
On a straightforward 1 to 10 scale, you'll learn how much energy your home, or a home you are considering purchasing, is expected to use, and you'll receive suggestions for home efficiency and comfort improvements.
When to Get a Home Energy Score
- Before renovating or remodeling your home
- When you want to improve the comfort of your home
- When you want to reduce your energy use
- When you're ready to sell
To learn more, go to HomeScoreCA.org
How Home Energy Score Works
You start by contacting a Home Energy Score Assessor. The Assessor will collect information during a home walk-through. Using the Home Energy Score Tool, the Assessor scores your home on a scale of 1 to 10.
What You Receive
- Your Home Energy Score
- Facts about your home, including data collected and energy use breakdown
- Recommendations to improve the Score and the energy performance of the home
What to Do with a Score
Your report includes recommendations to make your home more efficient and comfortable. These may include:
- Adding more insulation and fixing air leaks
- Replacing an outdated heating or air conditioning system
- Replacing or weather stripping windows and doors
- Sealing leaky air ducts
To get help prioritizing energy upgrades for your home, consult with your contractor. You can also get advice from a no-fee independent Home Upgrade Advisor at BayREN.org or by calling 866-878-6008. Your contractor or Advisor can help you identify the best investments and access the various rebates and incentives that are available in your area.
No cost assessments are ONLY valid from the 9 BayREN Territory Counties: